Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Cards with DIY Instructions -Kaisercraft Part 2

Kaisercraft - St Nicholas Greeting Card :
Originally, this started out as a set of cards that you could make with a specialty bundle from the Flying Unicorns.  My goal was to make some cards that were for Christmas, and also some options for all-purpose cards.  
No one likes to have a stack of Christmas paper left over with  no other options for using them.  It seems like a waste of money.  

I put a ton of love and time into the last creations for the Flying Unicorn, I decided to post them.  While you no longer have an option to purchase the specialty bundle, my heart is still in the projects and I still wish the peace and joy of Christmas to all through my cards.  

This is a two part of the post featuring Kaisercraft St Nicholas collection.   
  Part 1 can be found here with a template for you to download.  

This is Part 2 

This is a card I created with the Kaisercraft St Nicholas collection.  My intention was to be able to create a card that can be used for any occasion and not solely for Christmas.  It's a very simple design - but not all cards need to be fancy.  Some just need to be made and sent.  Cards are really no good if they are not given away and sent out.  



Step 1.  These are the base layer papers I chose.  I do like to ink the edges of these papers to make them feel more finished.  

I also like using a pre-folded card because they are inexpensive and  come with matching envelope.  Card size is 5in x 6.5in and is an off-white ivory color.  

Because my cardstock is 5in x 6.5in, I did trim the card a bit to accommodate the 6x6 sized paper pad and remove the excess"white space" around the card. 

Step 2.  Cut some strips and cut a gold foil doily in half. 


Step 3.  I prefer adding ribbon to a layer before gluing the layer to the card.  I have a few reasons for doing this. 
  • I like to glue the ribbon behind the layer to give the card a polish, professional clean look.   
  •   It can be difficult to glue ribbon to a card without the glue seeping through or showing.  It      becomes a bit unsightly and unattractive if you can see where the ribbon is attached.  When the ribbon is attached to the back, it remains secure and eliminates the need for additional glue to hold it in place.
  • And the best reason - it prevents the ribbon edges from fraying.  


Step 4.  Top with a bow and medallion.  You can add a sentiment to the medallion  if you prefer.  


Here's one last look at the card.  See how all-purpose this can be?  

Products used on this card
Paper Pack 6.5x6.5 St Nicholas Collection
Santoro Brown  organza ribbon
Prima Vintage  Emporium Flowers:  586591
Prima Gold Paper Doilies 585006
Spellbinders - Mini-Doilies
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - - walnut
Pre Folded Ivory/Cream card 5in x 6.5in

Kaisercraft - St Nicholas Festive Card :
This is another example of a card that can be easily created for any occasion if you swap out the words Merry Christmas on the vertical strip.  
This card doesn't have full instructions.   I'm really just going to show you the framework for the card.  The embellishing can easily be replicated using my close up photos.  
Step 1.  Here is the base of the card.  Cut all the pieces and ink all the edges.  
Step 2.  I added string cording before gluing the strips to the card.  

Step 3.  Here is the order I generally use when building a cluster: 

  • start with the largest flower first
  • follow up with smaller flowers.  
  • add leaves and pine branches  
  • floral berries are last because they are mean to be tucked in as filler
  • finally add pearls, sequins or accent beads   




Don't forget to check out my sweet Mitten card that comes with a template you can download and instructions.  You can find them right here.
Mitten Template download can be found here

Thanks again for stopping.  May your entire holiday season be joyful and wonderful. 


Products used :
Paper Cord Ribbon-Olive Green
Paper Pack 6.5x6.5 St Nicholas Collection
 Petaloo Dahlias - Teastained White-Petites x 24 1465-105
Petaloo  Burlap Wild Sunflower Ivory 1223-200
 Spring Cleaning Clearance - Petaloo Spray Brown
Gold Sequins
Pine Punches
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - - walnut

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you decided to share your last work for Alda, Jennifer, because they are SO lovely. I have enjoyed every single one that I've seen you post... just don't always have time to comment. Wishing you Peace and Merry Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete