Monday, January 4, 2016

A little Leftover Christmas Magic - Flying Unicorns, 2Crafty and 13Arts



Christmas Magic with Santa, Flying Unicorns, 2Crafty and 13Arts 

Happy Start to 2016.  I wish you all a crafty and healthy year.   I'm here to share some Christmas Magic still left over in my heart and on my scrap table. 

I made using the January Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month , flowers from the January Mixed Passion Flower kit, 2Crafty chipboard and 13Arts papers.  While it may be January,  I wanted to play with the newest 2Crafty releases and show you just how detailed and beautiful they truly are. 

This layout uses the following 2Crafty chippies ( You can find an assortment of 2Crafty chippies here):
"Believe In Miracles", "Engraved Baubles",  "Holly Twig Branches" 


The Santa image was one that came from a very old postcard image, however I altered the colors and tones.  I wanted to give the image a sepia appeal and then blend the unfinished chipboard pieces on the page.   The "Engraved Baubles" pieces are way too gorgeous, detailed and delicate for me to cover with paint or embossing enamel.  I honestly believe the best way to showcase these is just to let them shine naturally.  

I added some pops of color with pink Prima leaves. I also added texture on the page using the stencil from 13Arts that also came in the Main kit. 


The "Holly Twig Branches" were a bit of a different story.  They look wonderful with a touch of color, some light accents on the edges.  I dabbed some acrylic paint on the edges and in the berries for a little distinction.  

I also left the title chipboard piece, "Believe In Miracles", unfinished. 
Here is another view of the gorgeous, amazing detail in the "Engraved Baubles".  How can I possible cover them up and do them justice?  

Here is another view of the side embellishment on the page. 
Let's not forget the little details at the bottom of the page.  The "Holly Twig Branches" once again shine in the corner of the page, accented with a few paper pine branches, flowers and berries all clustered together.

Thanks for stopping here.  Visit the Flying Unicorns Facebook page and share your work with us.  We'd love to see it.  
You can also visit the 2Crafty Facebook page to see what's new.  



2Crafty Chipboard 
13Arts - Secret Letters Collection ( from the Main Your Passion Your Art Kit)
Petaloo Flowers - Botanica Floral Ephemera Gray ( from the January Mixed Art add -on)
Prima Leaves -Royal Menagerie
13Arts Stencil - 6x6 Beautiful Moments Notes
Super Heavy Gesso




No comments:

Post a Comment