Thursday, December 17, 2015

Flying Unicorns - Letters to Santa




Hello.  I'm here today sharing my "off the page" project for December. Each month, the Flying Unicorn main kit of the month, Your Passion Your Art, comes with a fascinating item to alter.  The item included in December's kit was a metal mail box.  This can be fun to decorate for letters to Santa or save it and decorate perhaps for Valentine's day mail.  

Since cupid has already worked his magic on me, I decided to make a Christmas mailbox and start appealing to Santa for all the things I'd love to have under my tree. 

So the is an image of the mailbox before it was altered.  


I pulled out some gorgeous Lemoncraft papers - Christmas Wishes collection.   Flying Unicorns  has  the collection all set to pop in a box and ship your way.  

It is a magnificent collection with gorgeous colors and delicate patterns BUT you can also use it for "off season" pieces as well since the patterns are pretty classic...polka dots, ginghams. and music note patterns - those are always holiday neutral. 

I paired my Lemoncraft with some Prima Victorian Christmas flowers. pinecones and wispy cheesecloth tinted with Prima Color Blooms in Lime Wedge


I added some trims to hide the seams.  I also tucked some die cuts into the clusters.




Check out the pre-order "kit of the Month" details right here. Pre-orders go on sale the 20th of the month and are a great option for those who want to make sure they continue to receive the kit each month.  There is no subscription fee so there is never an obligation to purchase a kit that you do not like.




Products:
Flying Unicorns - Dec Kit of the Month Your Passion Your Art
Off the Page Mail Box  - Wrap It Up Hampton Art ST0044
Ranger Lime Green Stickles
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Prima Flowers - Victorian Christmas Twelfth Night 583392
 Prima Flowers - Victorian Christmas - Joyeux Noel 583453
Petaloo Fancy Trims - Cream 1483-105
Lemon Craft Christmas Greetings A Lot of Faith P0072
Lemon Craft Christmas Greetings Trim and Ribbon
Tim Holtz Dies - 4pack Holiday greens
Cheese cloth
Prima Color Blooms - Lime Wedge

No comments:

Post a Comment