Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Prima Card Featuring Watercolor Pencils



Prima Watercolor Pencils
( You can find the post at Prima here)

If you have never tried watercolor pencils, now's the time to give them a whirl.  They are super easy to use and can create dramatic results.  I tend to migrate toward the light colors so I used the Soft Neutrals box of pencils but you can be as bold as you would like.

I am enjoying the watercolor pencils and having a wonderful time finding new applications for them. I colored Sandra Evertson's Relics & Artifacts resins for a card I made and they worked perfectly.

I thought I would try the watercolor pencils on  Julie Nutting's wood dolls.  They worked like champs providing me with control over the area I was coloring without  the wood bleeding and running. They also are great for adding color accents to flowers.

I also colored the Everyday Vintage journal card with some blush  colors.

So here are a few quick easy ways to use the watercolor pencils by Prima:
1.  On wood - they work nicely on wood because they do not bleed with the grain of the wood.
2. On paper flowers - use the watercolor pencils to add accents to flowers for a custom look.
3. On journal cards - I enhanced the paper journal card to match my wood doll.


Thanks for looking.  I appreciate you.

Prima Products:
576707 Prima Watercolor Pencils - Soft Neutrals
576691 Prima Watercolor Pencils -Scenic Route
572761 Prima Something Blue Brads
580421 Prima Watercolor Brush Pens
910662 Prima Julie Nutting Wood Doll
572594 Prima Clear Stamp Seashore
581190 Prima Flowers - Allure Acacia
574680 Prima Italia Tempting
543198 Prima Blossom Branches - Almond
813963 Prima Paintables
962579 Prima Finnabair Art Ingredients Copper Micro Beads

2 comments:

  1. Never thought about using the pencils on wood! Beautiful doll card!!! The added Copper Micro Beads ....yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete