Saturday, October 4, 2014

OTP Mask for the Oct Flying Unicorns





Flying Unicorns Oct Project - Masquerade Ball


This is a mask that was included in the Oct Main Kit.  Each month the main kit includes a project to get you thinkin "off the page" and onto altered art pieces.  This month's featured "Off the page " project or OTP is a mask for a masquerade ball or such like that. 

Reminds me of the fabulous song from Phantom of the Opera -"Masquerade" Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade . . .
Masquerade!
Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!
Every face a different shade . . .
Masquerade!
Look around -
there's another
mask behind you!


Just in case you have never heard this AMAZING song, I provided you a clip.  LOVE IT. 



OK so back to the project.  The original mask was black so I painted it with some cool silks and sprinkled Prima Glitter on it.   I tried to emulate the peacock feather as  best I could.  

I added some of the wonderful metal Adornments from the Flying Unicorns.   I did paint one of the Adornments with a dab of gold to make it pop from the others.

The other embellishment I used was a chipboard piece from 2Crafty - "Festive Branch".  I cut it into a few pieces so that I could cover the project.


The kits sell out fast so if you want to ensure your kit, pre-order it.  Available on the 20th of each month.


Products Used:
Flying Unicorns - Lit of the Month for Oct
2Crafy Chipboard - Festive Branch m00441
Silks - Rich Cobalt
Silks Bolivian Blue
Silks Peridot
Silks Boysenberry
Prima Art Ingredients - Mardi Gras Glitter Set  961572
Prima Art Ingredients - Luminous Glitter Set 961596
Say it in Crystals 576226
Adirondack Gold Paint


1 comment:

  1. Fabulously gorgeous Jennifer! So innovative! What beautiful talent you have.

    ReplyDelete