Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Feb Tags


Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Feb Tags    Small Passion Big Art  
Small Passion, Big Art is a new  add-on to the Flying Unicorns Monthly Kit.  It has all the elements of a mini kit  tyo make cards and tags and slammer projects.   I made a few tags with my Small Passion, Big Art add-on.   Just in time for Valentine's Day, one bold and romantic and the other softer shabby chic. 

The image I selected for this tag is from an old Valentine card from the turn of the century.  It sits atop a small round doily that I inked.  The metal piece is Flying Unicorns Metal Adornments.   

The lace from the kit, shown above, was also inked to blend.   I rubbed my ink pad right over it - BAM good to go. 

OK now on to the bow below.  I decided to heck with trying to tie a nice bow.  I can't do it.  I just start with a nice long ribbon, tie into a regular bunny ear bow and make sure my ends are rather long.  Then I  bend the ends into loops, add glue and start tucking the loop under my photo. I can control the bow loops this way.  

It's all about the control for me.  Big control freak.   








Once again created with the Add-on Kit called Small Art Big Passion.  This is a mini box of all the goodies you need to create gorgeous cards and tags and mini-albums.  Whatever your heart desires.  This tag is a little softer for sure. 

The laced sections did take me a while to lace up.  I punched holes in my cardboard first and 
Flying Unicorns Metal Adornments  that has white embossing powder melted onto it. 

In this photo you may be able to see that I tucked a piece of cardstock behind the paper doily and lightly inked the edges to give it more definition.   Sometimes I feel the beauty of te paper doily gets lost when it is white ( and when I have cardstock behind the doily, I can then glue a piece of cardboard to the overhanging heart piece and make it more durable - a tag is no good when it's all bent and crazy).

The other embellies here are from Prima Marketing - the wooden icon embellishments and the flowers.  Scroll down to see the entire product list. 






My side view gives a peek into the cardboard edges I used.
February's YOUR ART. YOUR PASSION. IS NOW AVAILABLE! Like the years past - Art should be a passion and not an obligation - so there are no sign ups for our kits and once they are gone they are gone!  
 Also grab the Small Art Big Passion mini-kit....everything you need to set your creativity afire

Red Tag Supplies:
Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Feb
Flying Unicorns Small Art Big Passion
Flying Unicorns Metal Adornments - New garden
Kaisercraft Key to My heart Collection - Adoring P1371
Prima Flower - Lyric
Maya Road Chipboard Words (Love words C1603
Stampendous Aged Old Rose embossing enamel
Ranger Emboss It roller embossing liquid
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Spun Sugar and Vintage
Clear Snap Donna Salazar Mixd media Inx - Schoolhouse
Prima Julie Nutting Tag Pad 910235
Shimmerz spritz Tuscan Sun
Lace
Splash of Color - Silks - Solar Gold 

Pink Tag Supplies:
Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - Feb
Flying Unicorns Metal Adornments
Inkido Beautiful  Memories -Beige Flowers Paper
Prima Flowers - Bella 570958
Heart warming Vintage -Creative Scraps journal sentiments
Prima Frosted Mini Sachet Flowers 565763
Prima Anna Marie Wood Embellishemnts 570125
ribbon
cardboard
Stampendous - Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags Jennifer, love those romantic layers and accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tags and the recipients will cherish them ...

    ReplyDelete