Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Prima Frugal Friday School Memories


Prima has started a fascinating weekly feature called Frugal Friday. These are projects that can be completed under $5.00 -technically $5.00 in Prima products to be clear.

I made a project using the School Memories Collection.  School in now is session and soon kids are going to need a little gift for that special teacher.  Why not make something - quick, easy and hand crafted?  

I admire teachers.  It takes a special person to make a significant impact on a child forever.  I have had some good teachers, some not so good teachers and then those great gifted teachers who will forever stand out in my mind.  In fact, last year I had lunch with my grade 5 teacher.  She was every bit as delightful as I remember - but I could not bring myself to call her "Maryann".  Seriously!  She is Miss "R". 

This is a shout out to Miss "R" and all those other Greats!  Thanks


Total cost of Prima product for this project:  $3.64 

Total cost of Prima Product purchased: $14.77
Total cost of unused Prima Product waiting to be used on the next amazing project:  $11.13

LED Flameless Candle -with Automatic Shutooff








Prima Supplies Used
846145 Prima School Memories Collection - Teacher Talk Paper 
571450 Prima Charlotte Flowers
569525 Prima School Memories Chipboard
571337 Prima Serenity Flowers 

Other Supplies:
Ribbon
Seam Binding
LED Flameless Candle -with Automatic Shutoff
Decorative edge punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch
Light colored ink:  Tim Holtz Old Paper
Yellow Mist - Lindy's California Poppy Gold




1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! I have flameless candles all over the house. Never thought to decorate them...duh!! lol

    ReplyDelete