Friday, June 21, 2013

Sewing Room Shadowbox - FabScraps Milkshake Chic Collection



Here is a shadowbox type piece I created using the Milkshake Chic collection from FabScraps.  It's actually a canvas turned around to utilize the depth of the frame.

This collection has some wonderful nostalgic chipboard pieces to accompany the vintage flavor of the patterned papers.

I own two sewing machines that date back to the early 1900's.  When I saw the sewing machine chipboard piece, it inspired me to use some of the old sewing notions left behind by the original owners of the machines.  Both still have thread and thimbles and buttons.   It's time to put them to use.

Here are the products from the collection that were used in this shadowbox.

Milkshake Chic Collection Vanilla - CS58 007
Sewing Machine - DC58 010
Scissors, Needle, Spool - DC58 011
Spool - DC58 012

 Pre -Cuts Pastel Tape - MC58 001A


Here is a close up of the sewing machine chippie.  What a great design.  I covered this in Tim Holtz. Distressed Embossing powder - Vintage Photo.  The edges have a little gold Rub N Buff on them.


The scissor chippy is really cute too.  They look very real.  In fact, I showed this shadow box to my friend and told her that all of the notions came from my antique treadle sewing machine and she said she loved the rusty scissors.  heheheee

I wound some gold embroidery floss around the large spool chipboard piece.  There is a better photo below.




As you may suspect by this project, I had a ball with this collection.  I hope you do as well.

Supplies:
Milkshake  Chic Collection  Die Cut - Scissors, Needle, Spool - DC58 011
Milkshake  Chic Collection Die Cut Spool - DC58 012
Milkshake  Chic Collection Die Cut Sewing Machine - DC58 010
Milkshake  Chic Collection Vanilla - CS58 007
Milkshake  Chic Collection  Pre -Cuts Pastel Tape - MC58 001A
Tim Holtz Distress Stain : Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Straw/ Vintage Photo
Rub N Buff - Gold Leaf
Clearsnap Mixd Media Inx - Butternut/ Vintage/Peaches

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous project.Totally love what you did with the fabric and the chippies.

    ReplyDelete