Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scraps of Darkness Autumn Basket



Autumn Basket - created using some leftovers from the September Scraps of Darkness Kit, My Guy. 

I found a really cool hanging basket in the clearance section of my craft store so I snagged it and dug out my leftover scraps from the Scraps of Darkness kit. 

The kit featured the rich masculine papers from Kaisercraft Sears and Son, as well as the Prima Craftsman collection. I found these two collections to be extraordinarily complimentary.

After I had my fun creating masculine layouts and pieces, I needed to do something girly again and decided to make flowers and leaves.    That's how diverse this kit is.  Strong and masculine for one layout, then soft and feminine for the next. 

The flowers are die cuts from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. 
I used the McGill Starburst punch for the center and the topped with a Creative Charms brad.   I sprayed with Dylusions Ink Mist in Pure Sunshine and Lemon Zest.


 I used the Dusty Attic Foliage DA0506.  I painted it first with Adirondack paint in Gold, then covered it with Stampendous Aged embossing enamel in Gold.     




Here is a photo of the leaves I made from the Tim Holtz leaves die. 


Even my sweetie pie Escape Kitty likes the basket.  Though I have not met a kitty who didn't like a basket or a box. 


She's helping out. 



Kitty and I thank you for looking.  
Please consider joining us at Scraps Of Darkness.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful basket! I love the texture your handmade flowers and DA give to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basket is gorgeous!!!
    I have a kitty helper also who looks a lot like yours. Sometimes it takes me three times as much time to finish a project with his help. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove your basket & I adore your gorgeous pics of kitty with the basket. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete