Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rays of Sunshine - Prima BAP August 2012


Prima August 2012 Build A Page (update 9-18-2012 :winner of the Challenge)

This was created using the  Prima Madeline Collection.  I've been saving this collection for almost a year.  Shame on me!  What was I thinking?  Beautiful paper is not good just sitting - it needs to be cut up. 

This was a photo I took of a friends darling daughter.  

This unique bold design by Marie-Nicolas Alliot was really a challenge for me in a fun way. 

How did I make my background? 
Starting with the rays, I cut a circle of cardboard first, then sliced them up into pie wedges. 

After placing them on my paper, I took one large sheet of white tissue paper and laid it on top covering the cardboard slices, coating with Matt finish Mod-Podge.   In the photo below, you can see the tissue paper on the edges.   I just gave them a nice coating of Mod-Podge and let them dry overnight. 

I love Mod-Podge.  I used Mod-Podge as a kid on school projects and scouting projects fairly often.  I love it even still.  It helps me reconnect with little 10 yr old Jen-Jen.  My husband probably prefers me to do a little less reconnecting with little 10yr old Jen-Jen thinking she's a little predominant in the house.  LOL

None-the-less, I'm a scissors, glue and paperdoll sort of person even after all these years. Say "hello" to your inner child.  

OK then, refocusing on the layout....When dry, I gave the tissue paper coated layout a top coat of gesso just to brighten and smooth out any uneven tones.

I ripped little pieces of paper from the Madeline Parfait sheet and glued randomly.   I took a Prima Mask and used some molding paste to get some feminine dimension back into my layout.  I wanted to soften up my stark harsh rays.  

I used a Dusty Attic Sweet Pea Border DA0593 and simply painted it with Adirondack Paint in Snowcap. I wanted to bring in more subtle femininity.





Topped with Prima resin wings and flowers to complete my project. 


Prima Supplies used:
• Prima - Madeline Collection -  - Parfait 
• Prima - Madeline Collection -  Ste. Marie 
• Prima - Stencils Mask Set - Sublime Screens - Mix 3 
• Prima - Resin Collection - Ingvild Bolme - Resin Embellishments - Angel Wings 
• Prima - Charme Rose Collection - Flower Embellishments - Meadow Lark 
• Prima - Pankita Rose Collection - Flower Embellishments - Summer Mix 
• Prima - Say It In Crystals Collection - Bling - Ribbon Borders - Sparkling Spring

Thanks for looking and taking some time to listen to little Jen-Jen blabber on.  I do believe little Jen-Jen had a chit chat problem in grade school which has carried over to big Jen's blog and journaling.  



3 comments:

  1. OH! MY! GOODNESS! JEN....Your take on the Sketch is INCREDIBLE!! Love those rays! The Silhouette style photo is just GORGEOUS.....
    I have to admit that I did have a bit of a Chuckle when I was reading the ending of your post!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer this is just beautiful. Love everything about it. Hope you are having a fab Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative and beautiful, cool idea with the rays and the tissue paper. The wings are so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete