Sunday, April 1, 2012

Scraps Of Elegance April Reveal - Awakening


Welcome to the Scraps of Elegance Reveal for April.  We bring you the Awakening Kit.

This month's kit is just a stunning combination of vintage beauty with the rich chocolaty browns of  Moxxie Spring Has Sprung Collection, the pinks and florals of the Glitz Pretty in Pink collection, and some wonderful fresh Spring Jubilee from Pink Paislee.  So many great papers masterfully coordinated. Plus some really cool handmade dragon flies by Renea Harrison.

We are also having a DT Call - please check that out here!  Good luck!


Yesteryear
This layout was created using the monthly sketch by suepup, Charlotte Jenkins.   Thanks Charlotte, for your continued inspiration.

This is a photo of my siblings and I back in 1966.  I am the third from the left.  The girl with her mouth open -true to life still today!    My dad was the photographer here.  I recently asked him if he remembered what got us all laughing in this photo.  He said he was hopping around the room and rolling on the floor acting all goofy to get us to giggle.  Guess it worked.  Trust that I'd still crack up the same way even today if my dad was rolling on the floor and hopping around for a laugh.

I feel especially blessed that my dad is still here to ask those questions.

This was also created for the CSI- Colors, Stories and Inspiration case file #12.




Here is the case file particulars.  


You must use all 5 colors in the color scheme provided and incorporate two elements from the evidence list and one from the testimony list.

My evidence?  flowers and a star.  My star is the metal on in the top right corner. 
My testimony?    I decided to have my journal tag get carried away by one of Renea's cool dragon flies.
The back of my journal tag lists the names, date and the clever method my dad used to get us to laugh.  


Girl On A swing
This is an old postcard image from Vinclarissa5, Creative Souls.  Her name is Miss Mabel Green and she was an actress back in the 1910-1920's.  What a beauty. 


 I used the Dusty Attic Corner Flourish #2 DA0629, cut up and used to fit my page better.  Which is why I adore the Dusty Attic product.  You can cut.  You can alter.  You can paint and distress however you like.    One this particular piece, I inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo stain, added some chunky copper glitter and blue micro beads and then outlined the shape in Cinnamon Stickles glitter glue. . 

I made the flowers on the Moxxie papers pop a bit more by inking them first with  Tattered Rose  distress ink, then grabbed my water pen and painted the flower petals them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical in Fuzz Navel Peach.  I topped the center of the flower with some chunky copper glitter. 

The blue flowers I topped with blue micro beads.


The bird cage is Tim Holtz Sizzix Mini Bird and Cage.  I painted it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical in Fuzz Navel Peach.  I topped with Crackle Accents and some blue micro beads.



Join us at Scraps Of Elegance  and view the rest of the design teams work here.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. so gorgeous Jen! love all of your work! <<<big fan hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful - adore your work too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, thanks soooo much for all your kind words. You are very creative & "JEN-erous"
    with your lovely comments. Cheers Di xo
    PS. I'm a huge fan of your work too.

    ReplyDelete