Thursday, April 5, 2012

Birthday Card


Birthday Card
Snappy title, huh?  This is a birthday card I created using the wonderful Scraps Of Darkness March Kit.

This may well be the first card I have ever posted on-line.   I love to go to the galleries on sites and browse the cards that some artist are creating.  There are some real powerhouses out there in card making that make my head spin.  "You can actually get all that detail on a tiny card?"

My workmates, husband  and family members often say, "Jen, can you whip me up a card?"  Are you kidding me?  P-A-I-N-F-U-L! The thought process for me to translate to TINY card size for a 12x12  is painful.

I recently had an occasion where I needed a card, a special card and one that I had to sit and think about, take some time on and make special.  This was for a very special relative (yes, all my relatives are special....just in case you happen to be reading this Auntie, Granny and Dear Cousin Jess.  LOL)

What better paper choices and embellies to use than the March Scraps Of Darkness Kit with those rich Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe papers and coordinating embellies.   If you are gonna dabble with card making, G45 is perhaps the easiest way to dip into the pool of handmade cards.  Why?  Simply because they already have small graphics and such nice patterns to fussy cut.

I hope your birthday was special, Dear Auntie. While it looks like a tiny card, it was made with complete love for you.

Enjoy your day.

1 comment: